American Airlines Check In
American Airlines is the world’s fifth largest airline by miles traveled and their revenue. While travelling through this airline, you may feel like home each and everytime. American Airlines are headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas and they have their largest hub in Dallas. The American Airlines Company slogans are as “The World’s Greatest Flyers Fly American” “Going for Great” “Great is what we’re going for”. We’ve talked in details about American Airlines Check in on our home page along with procedure to check American Airlines Flight Status within our website or through the official website www.aa.com .
Check also: American Airlines Baggage Fees
Talking about American Airlines affiliates, they have 2 affiliates:
2. American Eagle.
American Airlines Check in, Online Checkin – American Airlines Flights
Now, you must be looking for American Airlines Check in because, most probably you have booked a flight with American Airlines and now you’re ready to go to Online Check in!
If yes, then you can simply follow the link (opens in a new window):
American Airlines Flight Check in guidelines
Make sure to check the guidelines, while doing the check in on American Airlines. You must be aware of when checking in on American Airlines are:
1) Be ready with your flight details including Passenger first name, Passenger last name, flight details, Record locator, and if traveling internationally, passport and emergency contact info.
2) Check in online beginning 24 hours and up to 45 minutes before your flight (90 minutes for international)
3) If traveling with an infant, click here (https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/specialAssistance/childrenTraveling.jsp)
4) Save time, save paper – Once you get your boarding pass, just scan the barcode on the screen at airport security checkpoints and at the gate during boarding for American flights. It’s fast and convenient!
5) You can use your phone instead of printing your boarding pass which is pretty cool (https://www.aa.com/mobileboarding)
How to get your american airlines check in mobile boarding pass:
- Check in on aa.com and choose ‘Email with Mobile Option.’
- You can also check in from our app and your mobile boarding pass will be stored on your mobile device.
- Check your email from your mobile device and follow the link to get your mobile boarding pass.
- Save the boarding pass to your device for easy access at security and when you board.
- Make sure the entire barcode is visible on the screen when you show it at security.
6) In most cases, your suitcases must weigh 50 pounds or less each otherwise, you’ll be charged a penalty fee.
7) Arrive at least 90 minutes early for domestic flights (60 minutes if not checking any luggage) and 2 hours early for international flights. 3+ hours if traveling to any of these cities:
- Aruba, Aruba (AUA) 180 minutes
- Bermuda, Bermuda (BDA) 150 minutes
- Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE) 180 minutes
- Canada (All cities) 180 minutes
- Delhi, India (DEL) 210 minutes
- Dublin, Ireland (DUB) 180 minutes
- Lima, Peru (LIM) 180 minutes
- Mexico (All cities) 180 minutes
- Nassau, Bahamas (NAS) 180 minutes
- Paris Charles De Gaulle, France (CDG) 180 minutes
- Port-au-Prince, Haiti (PAP) 180 minutes
- Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago (POS) 180 minutes
- San Pedro Sula, Honduras (SAP) 180 minutes
- Tegucigalpa, Honduras (TGU) 180 minutes
8) Don’t bring anything with you that will cause security problems with the TSA This includes pocket knives and any object that could be perceived as weapons or a threat.
Where can I use my mobile boarding pass?
- You can use your mobile boarding pass at most airports.
- Before you leave, check to see if your departure or connecting airports accept mobile boarding passes:
Does my airport accept mobile boarding passes?
American Airlines Flight Status, Flight Tracker – American Airlines Reservations
It’s obvious for you that you can’t go through the check in steps, unless you will find Flight Status for your booking. It’s pretty common not only for American Airlines but also required for every airlines. To check American Airlines Flight Status, you can use the below flight tracker tool.
Simply enter the flight number or airport codes and get up-to-the-minute status information on any American Airlines flights with check in, baggage, flight tracker including international flight status. If you need instructions on how to use our flight status tool, they are located at the bottom of this page or, in this content or, comment on this page in the comment box section below the flight tracker search tool.
- American Airlines code is AA
How to use the American Airlines flight tracker if you know the flight number:
- Simply choose the airline from the drop-down menu, enter the flight number, and click on the Find Flight button.
- This live flight tracker will instantly inform you of the status of the journey, including real-time flight maps, and useful historical data of how frequently that flight is on time or late.
How to use the American Airlines flight tracker if you don’t know the flight number:
- If you don’t know the flight number, you can still use this airline flight tracker by selecting both the departure and arrival airports, and then choosing from the list of flights that match your airport pair.
- If one of the airports isn’t on the drop-down menu you can still bring up flight tracker information if you know the 3-letter airport code.
American Airlines Customer Service – American Airlines Phone Number
Must Check: American Airlines Customer Service
In case, if you are unable to find American Airlines Check in or, American Airlines Flight Status or, any further queries then, In the U.S., please contact American Airlines or American Eagle at 800-433-7300 for further information. If assistance is needed in Spanish, you may dial 800-633-3711.
||6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
||Sunday – Thursday: 7 a.m. – 12 a.m.
Friday – Saturday: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
||7 a.m. – 12 a.m.
|Hearing & speech impaired
What is the record locator for a flight?
An airline record locator is a 6 letter-digit combination code used to locate and identify your airline reservation. Every valid reservation confirmed by the airlines will have an airline record locator.
Where do I find the record locator for American Airlines?
Call American Airlines reservations number and ask them; find one of your emails from the airline related to the flight (confirmation, check-in reminder, etc.) where the record locator should appear; hunt around for your boarding pass either paper or electronic (don’t forget your phone);
Enjoy your American Airlines flight and good luck with your check in!